Saturday, December 26, 2015

It's Christmas night 2015. I'm sitting here reflecting on life, and my journey.  It's been about 2.5 years since my bariatric surgery.  I've been a complete failure in continuing to write and update my blog.  Life has been a blur and writing has clearly not been a priority. Oh well. I can't be good at everything.

I weigh 142lbs now.  I've hovered between 140-150 for the past year.  I'm at my spot.  This is me. I'm thrilled with how far I've come and where my body has settled in its happy place.  I feel amazing.  My life has changed in so many positive ways as a result of losing the weight.

I'm more successful in my job. I'm happier in my marriage.  I'm healthier in a zillion ways. Having this surgery was the single best health decision I've ever made and I don't regret it for a second.

Two weeks ago I took another enormous step forward.  I had plastic surgery to remove the loose skin on my abdomen, and enhance my newly trim body.  I was fortunate to not need a "pannulectomy" as many weight loss surgery patients need, or a "body lift" after losing a full 100lbs.

I spent months researching and having consults with plastic surgeons discussing my case.  I finally found a surgeon that I trusted and clicked with on many levels.  She specializes in having very natural results and weight loss patients are a large part of her practice. On December 11th, 2015 I had a full abdominoplasty (Tummy tuck to repair torn stomach muscles and remove excess skin and tissue), liposuction of my flanks and hips, and I had a breast augmentation with silicone implants to revitalize the loss of breast volume and tissue I had after breast feeding two children and losing 100lbs. Never in a million years would I ever have imagined I'd be this girl.  You know, the one with the super flat tummy and the amazingly perfect boobs.  But guess what, it's Christmas day, and I woke up this morning and found a bikini under the Christmas tree and it fit me.  Also, I looked like a hot bitch in it. I die. I mean seriously, me...the former fat girl, is living this life for real.

I got christmas gifts from my husband that made me feel beautiful today.  This enormous physical change has created and even larger psychological change which I'm firmly convinced is the larger and more difficult journey that I've been on the past few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment