Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Weight Update - 10 Months Post-Op Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy

It's been 10 months since my surgery and I'm down to 155lbs. That is 85lbs gone. I can't believe I'm here.  Seriously, I wouldn't have believed it if you told me this would happen a year ago.  I know, I was hoping this would happen, but in my heart I never thought it was possible.  My ongoing struggle with weight loss attempts conditioned me to set very low expectations for myself to avoid the disappointment of another failed intervention.  What I've discovered this past 10 months is that I'm stronger than I ever imagined.  I'm not losing weight to be skinny anymore, I'm training to be badass! I've only just begun this journey!

My dress size is a womens 10 now.  I wore a 20 the day of surgery.  My labwork is totally normal.  My blood pressure is totally normal.  I no longer need to use a CPAP machine to breathe at night while I sleep.  I only take one medicine now, and that's to help with gastric reflux, that I've always had.

My only regret, and I'll say this forever, is that I waited so long to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment